So incredibly light and easy to make, this recipe is sure to be a regular on your menu. Super easy on the budget, as well, this recipe makes plenty to share. Until they find out, each dessert is only 70 calories, then, they will be gone in no time! Here is an option, so you have plenty to share and plenty for at home: make up two batches of the cupcakes, freeze half for thawing as needed later, then prepare the other half in disposable bowls or party cups for serving at your summer get together.
Each box cake mix will yield 3 dozen cupcakes. The directions for this recipe will be a little different than most of the others. First, gather your ingredients.
- 1 boxed Angel Food Cake Mix
- Sliced Strawberries *Frozen, then thawed berries make a great natural sauce.
- Light Whipped Topping
- Prepare boxed cake mix according to instructions.
- Bake according to the cupcake option instructions.
- Let cool completely.
- Slice cupcake in half.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of sliced strawberries over cake halfs.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of light whipped topping over cake and berries.